- Relating to or denoting a time before a glacial period: a preglacial valleyMore example sentences
- These preglacial valleys were eroded along zones of weakness in the bedrock, and thus both the main fjords and their tributaries mirror the structural bedrock geology by following the trend of bedrock lineaments.
- For most of his life, he worked on preglacial river valleys in Ontario, and the origin and extent of proglacial precursors of the Great Lakes.
- In 1880 he travelled extensively in the United States and attended the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Boston, where he met J.P. Lesley, who encouraged him to continue his studies of preglacial rivers.
More definitions of preglacialDefinition of preglacial in:
- The US English dictionary