- Preparatory to; in advance of.More example sentences
- The archaeological excavation is a necessary preliminary to that work, and pipe laying cannot take place until the archaeology has been completed.
- More dramatically, we looked over the house that ‘Venice in Peril’ have had surveyed as a preliminary to the city repairing it and dividing it up.
- The Miss Universe Zambia is the official preliminary to the Miss Universe pageant held every year.
More definitions of preliminary toDefinition of preliminary to in:
- The US English dictionary