- A premature baby: the only way they could see to keep prems alive at the time was by using pure oxygenMore example sentences
- One meta-analysis casts doubt with regard to prems and infection.
- Children's specialists are improving the outlook for prems (frail, under-developed babies, some born too soon).
- All four are happy and healthy despite their rocky start to life and are taking part in the Walk for Prems to raise money for the charity.
adjectiveBack to top
- (Of a baby) premature.More example sentences
- A doctor has never stated this as fact, but when Anne needs a doctor or hospital visit, we are always asked if she was a prem baby.
- It amazes me how complete she is, 7 weeks prem and although she is half the size that Josh was when he was born she has all the necessary fingers and toes.
- A nurse told how the prem babies became hypothermic during the critical half hour periods when the generators were switched off.
1950s: abbreviation of premature.