- 1The office or position of a Prime Minister or other head of government: candidates for the premiership [count noun]: Wilson’s first premiershipMore example sentences
- Against the odds, however, he has enjoyed the most successful three months of his entire premiership.
- This must be the fastest rise to premiership of someone elected to the senate - just three days.
- Being sceptical about the polls is, of course, convenient at this phase of his premiership.
- 2 (the Premiership) former name (1993–2007) for the Premier League. [as modifier]: Premiership gamesMore example sentences
- He played in all but one of Wanderers' Premiership fixtures and finished the season as the club's top goalscorer.
- Will the big new Premiership TV deal have knock-on effects for the Nation wide League?
- We have seen Manchester City charge up from Division Two into the Premiership.
More definitions of premiershipDefinition of premiership in:
- The US English dictionary