Definition of premillennialism in English:
(Among Christian fundamentalists) the doctrine that the prophesied millennium of blessedness will begin with the imminent Second Coming of Christ.
- In the author's view, premillennialism is fundamentally flawed.
- After the Civil War, a new kind of premillennialism, ‘dispensationalism, ‘gained popularity.’
- In the churches of Christ the list features the institutional matters already mentioned, as well as pacifism, participation in governmental affairs (including voting), premillennialism, and divorce and remarriage.
- Example sentences
- Protestant premillennialists, particularly pretribulationists, believe they will be raptured before the tribulation, to be taken to a better place away from the world, while the unsaved will sadly, though justly, suffer.
- Holders of these positions are more inclined than premillennialists to interpret scripture symbolically, and do not consider the prophecies of scripture as literal predictions of the future.
- No sensible person who had visited the place once would want to return; thus he poked fun at the premillennialists of his day.
Definition of premillennialism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.