Definition of premillennialism in English:
(Among Christian fundamentalists) the doctrine that the prophesied millennium of blessedness will begin with the imminent Second Coming of Christ.
- In the author's view, premillennialism is fundamentally flawed.
- After the Civil War, a new kind of premillennialism, ‘dispensationalism, ‘gained popularity.’
- In the churches of Christ the list features the institutional matters already mentioned, as well as pacifism, participation in governmental affairs (including voting), premillennialism, and divorce and remarriage.
- Example sentences
- Protestant premillennialists, particularly pretribulationists, believe they will be raptured before the tribulation, to be taken to a better place away from the world, while the unsaved will sadly, though justly, suffer.
- Holders of these positions are more inclined than premillennialists to interpret scripture symbolically, and do not consider the prophecies of scripture as literal predictions of the future.
- No sensible person who had visited the place once would want to return; thus he poked fun at the premillennialists of his day.
Definition of premillennialism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan