- A tooth situated between the canine and the molar teeth. An adult human normally has eight, two in each jaw on each side.More example sentences
- The normal permanent dentition comprises four incisors, two canines, four premolars, and six molars in each jaw.
- The well-preserved teeth - incisors, canines, premolars, and molars - look to have been ideal for feeding on fish and aquatic invertebrates, somewhat like the teeth of modern seals.
- It is common knowledge that the tongue partly rests between the bones that form the jaw, and to be more precise, between the dental rows (incisors, canines, premolars and molars) and on the floor of the mouth.
More definitions of premolarDefinition of premolar in:
- The US English dictionary