nounchiefly North American
- An agreement made by a couple before they marry concerning the ownership of their respective assets should the marriage fail.More example sentences
- There are a myriad of issues to deal with, including child support, prenuptial agreements, property ownership, retirement finances, and estate planning.
- There is often difficulty working out what was acquired before the marriage and what was acquired during the marriage - which is where a prenuptial agreement or cohabitation agreement can help.
- After a conference in chambers, the judge said a prenuptial agreement the couple signed about a week before they married would control the division of assets.
More definitions of prenuptial agreementDefinition of prenuptial agreement in:
- The US English dictionary