Definition of preoperative in English:
Denoting, administered in, or occurring in the period before a surgical operation.
- A nurse practitioner performs the preoperative history and physical examination.
- A nasogastric tube was placed, and preoperative antibiotics were administered.
- Prevention of postoperative infection begins in the preoperative period.
- Example sentences
- As a result, all women who are considered at risk for possible pregnancy are instructed to have a pregnancy test performed preoperatively.
- All patients routinely receive a prophylactic dose of intravenous antibiotics preoperatively.
- The use of aspirin preoperatively is shunned by surgeons in noncardiac surgery.
Definition of preoperative in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan