- She had already begun preparative work after she graduated from ENS.
- For bone marrow transplantation, to get a stem cell transplant to work, you need to treat the host with lethal doses of preparative irradiation, which has severe side effects.
- More than 30 companies will be represented at the Trade Exhibition where they will occupy over 70 stands displaying and demonstrating a variety of microscopes, accessories, preparative equipment and consumables.
A preparatory act, procedure, or circumstance: parents send children to these schools as a preparative for worldly success
More example sentences
- Even officially negotiated treaties were rather the preparatives for disputes than securities for peace.
- Traherne continues to be instructive: ‘Flight is but the preparative: the sight / Is deep and infinite ’.
- In firing by grand divisions, the centre officer falls back, on the preparative, into the fourth rank, and is replaced by the covering serjeant.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pre|para|tive
Definition of preparative in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.