- Make it easier for something to occur or be developed: these measures prepared the ground for further reformMore example sentences
- Several developments helped prepare the ground for this achievement.
- It is a means of preparing the ground for enhancing personal development and contributes to partnership between an individual and the employing organisation.
- In preparing the ground for such a development, an examination of the central lessons of the miners' strike is of vital importance.
More definitions of prepare the groundDefinition of prepare the ground in:
- The US English dictionary