(also preppie) informal , chiefly US
Definition of preppy in English:
noun (plural preppies)
A pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, or a person resembling such a pupil in dress or appearance.
- That's an expensive private school for preppies, right?
- I'm guessing that you don't know anyone yet, and the preppies won't be befriending you anytime soon, so why don't you sit at my table at lunch.
- Timothy always seemed like the kind of guy who would go for the preppies.
adjective (preppier, preppiest)Back to top
Of or typical of a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, especially with reference to their neat style of dress: the preppy look
More example sentences
- He looked much like my friends with the preppy style.
- It runs like an upmarket American holiday camp, with a 100% preppy house-party atmosphere.
- Even though I had enjoyed high school, in the eyes of my white, rich, preppy peers, I was as an outcast.
Words that rhyme with preppyGiuseppe, peppy
Definition of preppy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India