- A story or film containing events which precede those of an existing work: the film is a prequel to the cult TV seriesMore example sentences
- But with the frenzy of sequels, prequels, remakes and biopics being shovelled out by Hollywood, it comes as no surprise that relying on an existing popular story is the path of least resistance.
- In this age of sequels, prequels, and trilogies, uniqueness is, well, unique, and I believe we ought to celebrate it, even when it doesn't completely succeed.
- Which is more difficult: making a sequel or making a prequel?
More definitions of prequelDefinition of prequel in:
- The US English dictionary