Relating to the time before a child is old enough to go to school: a preschool playgroup
More example sentences
- The $169 preschool model comes with a chair low enough for a 2-year-old.
- Members of the preschool committee were on hand to explain how pre-schools in general operate and then were available for a question and answer session on early years education and the funding available to families.
- This amount, most of which comes from Heritage Canada, includes administrative and board expenses as well as preschool and after-school programs.
A nursery school.
- There are private and public preschools, nursery schools, and kindergartens in both rural and urban settings.
- In Mexico, kindergarten teachers visit the preschools that their future students are attending, thus facilitating coordinated planning for the children's transitions between programs.
- Consequently, the number of preschools and nursery schools continued to expand.
- Example sentences
- Imagine if there were a truck that rattled its way across small town America educating preschoolers about modern architecture!
- Providing music and movement classes for preschoolers and primary-school children has become a New Zealand success story.
- Is the country being run by a bunch of preschoolers who can't process all those big words and will only sit still for a colorful picture book?
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pre|school
Definition of preschool in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.