verb (presets, presetting; past and past participle preset)[with object] (usually as adjective preset)
Set or adjust (a value that controls the operation of a device) in advance of its use: the water is heated quickly to a preset temperature
More example sentences
- It may be better to keep the device's user interface simple by excluding a volume control and presetting the sound level.
- A $20 programmable device lets you preset your heating and cooling systems when you're not home for as much as a 10 percent energy savings.
- All functions or values must be preset prior to this point.
A control on electronic equipment that is set or adjusted beforehand to facilitate use.
- The player also has a built-in FM radio function with 10 presets and twelve hours' playtime.
- The earliest systems allowed the driver to control climate and radio presets by voice.
- It might be nice in the future to see the ability to assign keyboard shortcuts to these presets somehow.
Words that rhyme with presetteaset
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pre|set
Definition of preset in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.