Definition of press fit in English:
An interference fit between two parts in which one part is forced under pressure into a slightly smaller hole in the other.
- And it doesn't take much expansion to turn the press fit into a self-decapping pocket.
- The clone had enough metal at the front to allow the original press fit bushing to be used, but the Browning did not.
- The press fit of the adapters into the frame is primarily responsible for retaining the adapters while the three bolts provide additional backup retention.
- press-fitted adjective
- Example sentences
- My boats had the standard coupling - a rather small fitting which is press-fitted onto the shaft and held in place with a small screw that goes through the coupling into a little dimple in the shaft.
- The allograft was passed in an antegrade fashion with the patellar bone plug press-fitted into the femoral tunnel.
- The lens is inserted and fixed in the first hole, and a ferrule in which the optical fiber is embedded is press-fitted with the second hole.
Definition of press fit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.