- An exercise in which a person lies facing the floor and, keeping their back straight, raises their body by pressing down on their hands: we all had to do press-ups on the gravelMore example sentences
- I lift weights six or seven times a week, do cardio exercise and practise press-ups non-stop for half an hour.
- Unfortunately, the first test was not one of driving experience or skills, but how many squat thrusts and press-ups could be completed in five minutes.
- Not much of that time is spent in the pool, mostly I am in the gym doing sit-ups and press-ups.
More definitions of press-upDefinition of press-up in:
- The US English dictionary