Definition of pressure point in English:
1A point on the surface of the body sensitive to pressure: a style of massage that works on pressure points along meridians figurative our intention was to identify some of the pressure points in married life
More example sentences
- The classical Ju-jutsu man is crushing the calf muscle and attacking a nerve pressure point midway down the lower leg.
- Lights are too bright, noises are too loud, your skin is not only too tight but much too thin, every pressure point on your body hurts, and so does your entire skull.
- He came at me once again, I was ready, and I blocked his strike to my arm, and responded with an overhead strike to the pressure point above his shoulder.
1.1A point where an artery can be pressed against a bone to inhibit bleeding.
- I grasped my arm tightly where the pressure point was, to stop the bleeding because if I had died there and then, I wouldn't have been able to go on my journey.
- It feels like I have several hearts, each beating at a pressure point.
- These small, fluid-filled sacs lubricate and cushion pressure points between your bones and the tendons and muscles near your joints.
Definition of pressure point in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan