Definition of pressure vessel in English:
1A container designed to hold material at high pressures.
- The annulus can be considered as a thickwalled pressure vessel containing the nucleus.
- A pressure vessel inside the toilet tank uses the water supply to compress air.
- The internal dimensions of the cylindrical pressure vessel were 25 mm in diameter and 20 mm in height, with wet filter paper inside the vessel to maintain it at 100% RH.
1.1An enclosed structure containing a nuclear reactor core immersed in pressurized coolant.
- The pressure vessel for nuclear reactors is crucial equipment for the second-phase power projects at Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant.
- But at Three Mile Island, the pressure vessel did not fail (which would have allowed the core to fall into the containment structure), even though it was not designed to withstand the heat the accident generated.
- It's used to avoid defects in nuclear reactor pressure vessels or it may be on an aircraft to avoid catastrophic failure of an air structure.
Definition of pressure vessel in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.