adverb & adjective
- (Especially as a direction) in a very quick tempo.More example sentences
- At 13:50, her version is almost three minutes slower than Krysa's and because of that, the piece breathes easily between the prestissimo flights of fancy.
- The wood in the half-light waking at daybreak to the belling of stags that bursts into barks; the wood doubled over the prestissimo riffs, the wood enjoying the sea's sport.
noun (plural prestissimos)Back to top
- A movement or passage marked to be performed in a very quick tempo.More example sentences
- The short prestissimo lasts just over two minutes and is an intriguing option instead of a full-blown Scherzo.
- The unravelling has run faster than prestissimo.
Italian, superlative of presto 'quick, quickly' (see presto).
More definitions of prestissimoDefinition of prestissimo in:
- The US English dictionary