- A preliminary test or trial: often we begin with a pretest to assess how much a child knows about a subjectMore example sentences
- The participants were permitted to go through their normal warm-up routine and take as many as 10 shots before beginning the pretest.
- As mentioned earlier, the comparison group includes nine eligible couples that completed pretests and follow-up tests, but did not participate in treatment.
- We used different videos in the copying experiment than in the pretest, so that test females had not previously seen these stimuli.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Carry out a preliminary test or trial of: prior to its use, the questionnaire was pretested on two groups of traineesMore example sentences
- The knowledge test was pretested on 15 subjects with heart failure and was revised on the basis of their evaluation of clarity and ease of understanding.
- All test questions are pretested and reviewed for ambiguity and bias by trained testing professionals.
- The questionnaire was pretested with family practice patients in Kingston and found appropriate for the Canadian context.