verb (prettifies, prettifying, prettified)[with object]
- Make (someone or something) appear superficially pretty or attractive: nothing has been done to prettify the siteMore example sentences
- He tries to rehabilitate himself in today's column: ‘Don't prettify our history.’
- And finally, all cultures, I suspect, idealize and prettify some forms of sin.
- At the same time, he doesn't prettify the conditions for the people who live there.…
- More example sentences
- I'm going to have a bit of a spring-clean of the blog later, inspired by Orbyn's site prettification, but I thought I'd post something first.
- With little opportunity for prettification, they struggled - Reyes, when he should have been going forward, spent most of the half going back.
- Then there has been all this pre-meeting prettification of York for the benefit of those posh patrons of Ascot.