Definition of prettify in English:
verb (prettifies, prettifying, prettified)[with object]
Make (someone or something) appear superficially pretty or attractive: nothing has been done to prettify the site
More example sentences
- He tries to rehabilitate himself in today's column: ‘Don't prettify our history.’
- And finally, all cultures, I suspect, idealize and prettify some forms of sin.
- At the same time, he doesn't prettify the conditions for the people who live there.…
- Example sentences
- I'm going to have a bit of a spring-clean of the blog later, inspired by Orbyn's site prettification, but I thought I'd post something first.
- With little opportunity for prettification, they struggled - Reyes, when he should have been going forward, spent most of the half going back.
- Then there has been all this pre-meeting prettification of York for the benefit of those posh patrons of Ascot.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan