Definition of preventative in English:
Another term for preventive.
- Along with the Netherlands, it has applied to the EU to start preventative vaccination of domestic birds in some areas.
- There needs to be a massive shift in the health care system from treatment to preventative care.
- Do the best for your cats and kittens by taking them to a vet for preventative vaccinations.
- Example sentences
- All three companies maintain that antibiotics are no longer administered preventatively.
- ‘Rather than waiting for children to become poisoned and then trying to deal with it,’ she says, ‘we should preventatively test homes.’
- Most producers in South America manage this disease preventatively now because fields with significant rust development were not well controlled earlier with applications.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan