1 [attributive] Existing or occurring before in time or order: she looked tired after her exertions of the previous evening the boat’s previous owner
More example sentences
- It follows a previous interim order which was made out for two months in April.
- The starting grids are based on a reversal of the finishing order of the previous race.
- It is the point of order I referred to during your ruling on the previous point of order.
noun[mass noun] British informal Back to top
- Before: the month previous to publicationMore example sentences
- The economic reality was that previous to that case, quite extended families had been living on these properties for a pittance.
- ‘None of these 57 sites had any record of toxicity previous to 1988,’ he said.
- On the pre-recorded show on Sunday night last, Christopher was picked previous to the show to be the member from the audience to perform just before the end.