noun(usually price controls)
- A government regulation establishing a maximum price to be charged for specified goods and services, especially during periods of war or inflation: the recent surge in inflation has been fuelled by a relaxation of price controls in the past 12 monthsMore example sentences
- The shackles of price control and regulatory levies must be removed from us in favour of competition,’ Mr Mohan said.
- Gittens here faults economists for dismissing the public's demands for price control as irrational, or as merely the expression of a vested interest.
- Pumping in more money while imposing direct price control and hoping thereby to stem inflation is very much like trying to cure a fever by holding down the mercury column in the thermometer.
More definitions of price controlDefinition of price control in:
- The US English dictionary