adjective (pricier, priciest)informal
Expensive: boutiques selling pricey clothes
More example sentences
- People are revered if they are dressed in expensive clothes and have pricy items in their homes.
- Some homeowners have even traded down from more expensive abodes to less pricey dwellings.
- We had been told the pub was expensive - but it wasn't unduly pricey.
- Example sentences
- But Walford, at least, could defend its priciness with a reasonable excuse - its 1.8 acres of garden had enough room to add five new addresses, potentially, to Shrewsbury Road.
- The only drawback is the priciness of the hotel restaurant.
- The restaurant is home to couples who retreat to the eatery and discuss the priciness of day care, or Michigan Avenue executives who want a different feel from their stuffy business meetings.
Words that rhyme with priceydicey, icy, spicy, vice
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pricey
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.