A pellet or solid globule of a substance formed by the congealing of a liquid during an industrial process: the consistency of fertilizer prills has a major effect on nitrogen application
More example sentences
- They can use this on-site to mix the fuel oil with the ammonium nitrate prill,’ Adama says.
- The prill is then weighed, flattened out and rolled until very thin, and then placed in nitric acid, which dissolves away or parts the silver.
late 18th century (as a term in copper mining, denoting rich copper ore remaining after removal of low-grade material): of unknown origin.
- More example sentences
- Elemental sulfur can be granulated or flaked with a binding agent, but prilled sulfur is not effective.
- With some machines it is difficult to apply such a small amount of the prilled urea so the granulated product would be preferable.
Definition of prill in:
- The US English dictionary