- A release of intense basic frustration, anger, and aggression, especially that rediscovered by means of primal therapy: • figurative the lyrics unleash a gigantic primal scream at the urban alienation and despair of our industrial worldMore example sentences
- The music erupts with oppressive repeated guitar riffs, explosive pounding on drums, and banged-out dissonant tone clusters and glissandi on the piano, highlighting primal screams of rage and frustration.
- She despairs in a delirium-driven monologue that reaches the cumulative intensity of a raga, peaking to the primal scream of Greek tragedy.
- On vacation on Mexico's Caribbean coast last summer, the couple smeared each other with melon, papaya and mud from the jungle, and then let out primal screams of ‘purifying agony.’
More definitions of primal screamDefinition of primal scream in:
- The US English dictionary