(also primary health care)
- Health care provided in the community for people making an initial approach to a medical practitioner or clinic for advice or treatment: GPs occupy key positions in primary care [as modifier]: primary care servicesMore example sentences
- In the Australian healthcare system general practitioners provide the most accessible primary health care for adolescents.
- The aim of this study was to identify referral pathways from primary care for women with ovarian cancer.
- Having health insurance was associated with utilization of both primary health care and drug treatment.
More definitions of primary careDefinition of primary care in:
- The US English dictionary