- An unconscious thought process arising from the pleasure principle, such as condensation or displacement, which is irrational and not subject to compulsion.More example sentences
- Discarded signifiers (not used in the immediacy of secondary process language and thought) continue to be organised, largely by the primary processes of displacement, condensation and symbol formation.
- Nietzsche's duality of Dionysian and Apollonian closely resembles Freud's duality of primary process and secondary process.
- The oceanic feeling associated with primary process and pleasure principle experience must ultimately give way to the reality of Time bounded experience and the secondary process.
More definitions of primary processDefinition of primary process in:
- The US English dictionary