- 1 Biochemistry The characteristic sequence of amino acids forming a protein or polypeptide chain, considered as the most basic element of its structure.More example sentences
- The primary structure of peptides and proteins refers to the linear number and order of the amino acids present.
- A protein's primary structure refers to the sequence of amino acids in the molecule.
- Although various substitutions occur in primary structures of immunoglobulin light chains, no common amino acid has yet been identified which is unique to AL amyloidosis or other immunoglobulin-related diseases.
- 2 Aeronautics The parts of an aircraft whose failure would seriously endanger safety.More example sentences
- All of the airplane's primary structure was found at the accident site.
- Fusion welded aluminum primary structures in airplanes are virtually nonexistent, because the high-strength alloys utilized have low weldability and low weld-joint efficiencies.
- The certification of the 737 Composite Horizontal Stabilizer was the first large commercial aircraft primary structure in the world certified for commercial aircraft.
More definitions of primary structureDefinition of primary structure in:
- The US English dictionary