Definition of primavera in English:
The hard, light-coloured timber of a Central American tree.
- The tree is Cybistax donnellsmithii, family Bignoniaceae
- Primavera is a large rainforest canopy tree, sometimes reaching to 100 feet in the natural rainforest, with a straight clear bole up to 3 or 4 feet in diameter.
- Deep in the rain forests of Central America, lumberjacks hew the primavera tree in the dark of a moonless night.
- The primavera's sap rises and falls, not with the seasons, but with the phases of moon.
adjective[postpositive] Back to top
(Of a pasta dish) made with lightly sautéed spring vegetables: linguine primavera
More example sentences
- And I cannot see the point of using green peas in a risotto unless they are fresh, for example in a seasonal Italian primavera treatment.
- One of my friends volunteered to make fettuccine primavera.
- A main course of cannelloni in rosé sauce with risotto primavera was curiously served together in a bowl rather than on a plate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia