- A planet’s meridian adopted as the zero of longitude.More example sentences
- That's the instant the sun is aligned with the degree line of longitude, or the prime meridian - also called the Greenwich Meridian.
- Zero degrees longitude, the prime meridian could be anywhere - and has been, from the designated home ports of Rome to Paris to Jerusalem to Philadelphia to St. Petersburg.
- On the earliest charts displaying a longitude scale, the prime meridian passed through the Canaries.
More definitions of prime meridianDefinition of prime meridian in:
- The US English dictionary