noun (plural primi uomini or primo uomos)
- The principal male singer in an opera or opera company.More example sentences
- From the late seventeenth century the central male operatic role (primo uomo) in opera seria was sung by a castrato.
- In another time he would have plotted with the primo uomo to sing badly and ruin one of my operas, or with others of his ilk to spread rumors about me.
- The prima donna and primo uomo (the hero, generally a castrato) each had at least one large-scale display aria in every act, followed by an exit.
Italian, literally 'first man'.
More definitions of primo uomoDefinition of primo uomo in:
- The US English dictionary