- An ancestor, especially the earliest ancestor of a people; a progenitor.More example sentences
- The primogenitor of countless domesticated breeds is the Red Junglefowl of southern Asia.
- Does it remind us of the time way back in our racial memory when our primogenitors viewed in amazement the shadows dancing on the cave walls?
- Regardless of whether Darwin is 100 percent correct and our primogenitors once walked on monkey hands, I doubt whether you'd find one person who would advocate that we deal with social problems in the same manner that baboons and chimps deal with them.
mid 17th century: variant of progenitor, on the pattern of primogeniture.
More definitions of primogenitorDefinition of primogenitor in:
- The US English dictionary