- The pursuit of pleasure, especially when it is seen to bring disastrous consequences: blithely unaware of his doom, he continued down his primrose path[with allusion to Shakespeare's Hamlet i. iii. 50]More example sentences
- The populace wanting a reprieve from ‘the necessities of their condition,’ he wrote, had been led down the primrose path by a mirage of well-being to which ideological conjurers had made them feel entitled.
- In the one glass, alcohol can stimulate the mind or lend courage to the meek; in the other, it is a primrose path to perdition.
- But pretending the budget doesn't matter is the primrose path to high taxes and poor services.
More definitions of primrose pathDefinition of primrose path in:
- The US English dictionary