The presiding bishop of the Scottish Episcopal Church, elected by the bishops from among their number.
- Church of Scotland moderator, Reverend Andrew McLellan, and the primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church the Most Rev Bruce Cameron will attend ‘in a supporting role’ according to Scottish CND.
- This church has a strong past association with a well-known contemporary Scottish figure, Richard Holloway, formerly primus of the Episcopal Church and now more of a lay philosopher and social critic.
- There is no primus in the Scottish Catholic church, though there are two metropolitans.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'first'.
Definition of primus in:
- US English dictionary
A brand of portable cooking stove that burns vaporized oil.
- Instruments were sterilised using a pressure cooker (later an autoclave) on a Primus stove.
- The alcohol was so strong it was used for burning the stubble of plucked chickens and for Primus stoves and Tilley lamps.
- As a volunteer for the Royal Air Force, he developed improved mountain rescue methods and in Northern Ireland researched prepacked rations for the flying boats, negating the need for vegetable sacks and a Primus stove on board.