Definition of printmaker in English:
A person who makes pictures or designs by printing them from specially prepared plates or blocks: he is a painter and printmaker
More example sentences
- These comprise the papers of a varied group of painters, sculptors, printmakers, craftsmen, architects, designers and photographers from the eighteenth century to the present.
- The Endowment will support painters, sculptors, printmakers, and other artists in their efforts to better acquaint themselves with the natural world through both museum and field research.
- Rome in the nineteenth century was a Mecca for painters, sculptors, architects, printmakers, writers, and composers from all over the world.
- Example sentences
- The main types of printmaking are screenprinting, lithography, intaglio and relief.
- He had begun etching in 1894 to earn extra money, but he soon came to love printmaking and also mastered lithography and woodcutting.
- This Scottish show will be the first survey of Freud's printmaking, including his entire output as a printmaker and hopefully a number of new works.
Words that rhyme with printmakerholidaymaker
Definition of printmaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan