- (In game theory) a situation in which two players each have two options whose outcome depends crucially on the simultaneous choice made by the other, often formulated in terms of two prisoners separately deciding whether to confess to a crime.More example sentences
- These data conform to the expectation of evolution of lowered fitness in a population of selfish individuals as predicted by the prisoner's dilemma of game theory.
- Game theorists devised the prisoner's dilemma about 50 years ago.
- This study extends the study of Clements and Stephens, which found that blue jays, placed in an iterated prisoner's dilemma situation, did not cooperate.
More definitions of prisoner's dilemmaDefinition of prisoner's dilemma in:
- The US English dictionary