- 1The work of a professional practitioner such as a doctor or lawyer who is self-employed.More example sentences
- Some lawyers who have left private practice point to the billable hour as a central motivation for their departure.
- Of course the choice for any lawyer isn't just a straight one between private practice and legal aid.
- In addition, professionals in private practice often report feeling isolated from colleagues.
- 1.1British Medical practice that is not part of the National Health Service.More example sentences
- An investigation by the Audit Commission has supported several concerns expressed by a consultant surgeon about private practice at a hospital in south Wales.
- Increasingly, young medical graduates shun hospital and turn to private practice instead.
- He left the government medical service in 1972 to found a much respected private practice.
More definitions of private practiceDefinition of private practice in:
- The US English dictionary