- 1British An independent school supported wholly by the payment of fees.More example sentences
- Independent private school kids take expensive crammer lessons to help pass these stringent snobby entrance exam tests.
- At the moment private schools are financially independent of government.
- The federal government is still defending its payments to wealthy private schools.
- 2North American A school supported by a private organization or private individuals rather than by the state.More example sentences
- She said that only the kids who cared about money and status attended private schools in their high school years.
- Are public school teachers any more effective than those in private schools?
- Moreover, as mentioned above, the quality of teachers in private schools has also declined.
More definitions of private schoolDefinition of private school in:
- The US English dictionary