Definition of private school in English:
1British An independent school supported wholly by the payment of fees.
- Independent private school kids take expensive crammer lessons to help pass these stringent snobby entrance exam tests.
- At the moment private schools are financially independent of government.
- The federal government is still defending its payments to wealthy private schools.
2North American A school supported by a private organization or private individuals rather than by the state.
- She said that only the kids who cared about money and status attended private schools in their high school years.
- Are public school teachers any more effective than those in private schools?
- Moreover, as mentioned above, the quality of teachers in private schools has also declined.
Definition of private school in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan