- Grinding can cause serious probs - broken or cracked teeth, gum problems, tooth sensitivity and even loose teeth.
- It had been an odd and worrying day, and sleeping was a bit of a prob.
- Two probs, tho: it's a bit of a nerdy manoeuvre, and I don't know any big words.
Early 18th century: originally a standard written abbreviation; a colloquial usage since the 1930s.
Definition of prob in:
Entry from US English dictionary
- Wow there's a lot of nasty ppl out there who she prob wouldn't look twice at!
- He's prob changing his outfit 400 times like his mother.
- She prob can't wait to drop them off with the nannies.
Mid 18th century (as prob): originally a standard written abbreviation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.