Definition of probabilistic in English:
Based on or adapted to a theory of probability; subject to or involving chance variation: the main approaches are either rule-based or probabilistic
More example sentences
- Around this time Menger's interests in mathematics broadened and he began to work on hyperbolic geometry, probabilistic geometry and the algebra of functions.
- This is an attractively written systematic exposition of the basic probabilistic methods of congestion theory.
- The time to resume operations is a key datum in probabilistic risk assessment.
- Example sentences
- Just because a decision was made randomly or probabilistically doesn't mean it was chosen by a free will.
- Whichever of these actions she performs, earlier events probabilistically cause that action.
- What is crucially missing is a rational account of the relation between potentialities and actualities - just how the wave function probabilistically controls the occurrence of outcomes.
Definition of probabilistic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan