Definition of probabilistic in English:
Based on or adapted to a theory of probability; subject to or involving chance variation: the main approaches are either rule-based or probabilistic
More example sentences
- Around this time Menger's interests in mathematics broadened and he began to work on hyperbolic geometry, probabilistic geometry and the algebra of functions.
- This is an attractively written systematic exposition of the basic probabilistic methods of congestion theory.
- The time to resume operations is a key datum in probabilistic risk assessment.
- 1probabilistically adverb
- Example sentences
- Just because a decision was made randomly or probabilistically doesn't mean it was chosen by a free will.
- Whichever of these actions she performs, earlier events probabilistically cause that action.
- What is crucially missing is a rational account of the relation between potentialities and actualities - just how the wave function probabilistically controls the occurrence of outcomes.
Definition of probabilistic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.