Definition of problematize in English:
Make into or regard as a problem requiring a solution: he problematized the concept of history
More example sentences
- Yet even in these reconstructive narratives, each solution is heavily problematized, placed under scrutiny and found wanting.
- In an increasingly globalising world, the concept of diaspora problematises the question of identity.
- So again, the maxim of relation is broken, he's not answering Faulkner's question, which is quite explicit, but rather again, problematizing the number of people involved, and therefore avoiding answering the question.
- Example sentences
- Fisk's interrogation of the notion of ‘enemy lines’ points to a far broader problematization of geography in the war and its mediation.
- Personally, I would have preferred to wrap ‘protect’ and ‘confidence’ in the punctuation of problematisation.
- The field has moved away from these pioneer beginnings, both geographically and theoretically, as is perhaps most clearly indicated by the gradual problematization of the concept of wilderness.
Words that rhyme with problematizeautomatize
Definition of problematize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan