- A synthetic compound derived from benzoic acid, used as a local anaesthetic, especially in dentistry.More example sentences
- Dr. Persons says that chloroprocaine or procaine (Procaine, Novocain) should be safe in patients with true ‘amide’ allergy because they are esters.
- In comparative studies, dry needling was found to be as effective as injecting an anesthetic solution such as procaine or lidocaine (Xylocaine).
- History of an allergy to an ester anesthetic such as procaine is not a contraindication to the use of lidocaine, because they are chemically different, and cross-reaction is rare.
More definitions of procaineDefinition of procaine in:
- The US English dictionary