noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound derived from phenothiazine, used as a tranquillizer.More example sentences
- The phenothiazines prochlorperazine and chlorpromazine have been shown to reduce nausea and vomiting of pregnancy compared with placebo.
- Several antiemetics, such as metoclopramide, chlorpromazine, prochlorperazine, and promethazine, are regarded as safe for use during pregnancy.
- The most effective medications at this time appear to be prochlorperazine, chlorpromazine and sumatriptan, each having a pain-relief efficacy in acute migraine of greater than 70 percent.
1950s: from pro(pyl) + chlor(ine) + (pi)perazine.
More definitions of prochlorperazineDefinition of prochlorperazine in:
- The US English dictionary