Definition of procurer in English:
1A person who obtains a prostitute for another person.
- Nor were women the only targets of these deportations: men believed to be involved as procurers or associates of prostitutes were also excluded.
- Some of those disability providers have ended up in a very invidious and ambiguous situation of acting, basically, as a procurer to obtain sex for their clients.
- Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold controlled substances, or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?
2 Law A person who causes someone to do something or something to happen.
- The procurer must be able to be shown to have acted with knowledge of the contract, and with the intention to interfere with the claimant's contractual rights.
- The suggestion in the counselor's reference is that it must be the procurer's purpose to produce the actus reus.
- Most were offered jobs in the city or tricked into bogus marriages by procurers promising them a new life in India.
Definition of procurer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan