- 1A person who obtains a prostitute for another person.More example sentences
- Nor were women the only targets of these deportations: men believed to be involved as procurers or associates of prostitutes were also excluded.
- Some of those disability providers have ended up in a very invidious and ambiguous situation of acting, basically, as a procurer to obtain sex for their clients.
- Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold controlled substances, or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?
- 2 Law A person who causes someone to do something or something to happen.More example sentences
- The procurer must be able to be shown to have acted with knowledge of the contract, and with the intention to interfere with the claimant's contractual rights.
- The suggestion in the counselor's reference is that it must be the procurer's purpose to produce the actus reus.
- Most were offered jobs in the city or tricked into bogus marriages by procurers promising them a new life in India.
late Middle English (denoting a steward): from Anglo-Norman French procurour, from Latin procurator (see procurator). Sense 1 dates from the mid 17th century.
More definitions of procurerDefinition of procurer in:
- The US English dictionary