- A platform which houses equipment necessary to keep an oil or gas field in production, with facilities for temporarily storing the output of several wells.More example sentences
- The accident happened as the aircraft was flying between the gas production platform Clipper and the drilling rig Global Santa Fe Monarch.
- At present, oil operators have to pump the well fluid from a sub-sea reservoir to a production platform, where the mixture is separated into oil and water.
- Because the Lochnagar discovery is in 1,000 metres of water, the easiest way to extract the oil will be through a floating production platform.
More definitions of production platformDefinition of production platform in:
- The US English dictionary