- A biologically inactive substance which is metabolized into an enzyme.More example sentences
- Covalent modification of pre-existing pools of inactive proenzymes produces active enzymes.
- These death proteases are part of a proteolytic cascade activating proenzymes into active proteases.
- Protein digestion begins in the stomach, where a proenzyme called pepsinogen is secreted, autocatalytically converted to Pepsin A, and used for the first step of proteolysis.
More definitions of proenzymeDefinition of proenzyme in:
- The US English dictionary