- 1 [mass noun] The competence or skill expected of a professional: the key to quality and efficiency is professionalismMore example sentences
- I think to question the professionalism of any player is a big thing.
- I wanted to rant about the professionalism of its players and their evident love for the game.
- It did so through innovative management and the professionalism of staff.
- 2The practising of an activity, especially a sport, by professional rather than amateur players: the trend towards professionalismMore example sentences
- Once professionalism started and the top players left the club the numbers participating and watching dropped.
- Where professionalism is all about opportunities for some players, for others it's all about problems.
- And closer to home again, indeed, at home, the era of professionalism in sport is upon us.
More definitions of professionalismDefinition of professionalism in:
- The US English dictionary