(also chiefly British profit-orientated)
- Concerned with or focused on financial gain; commercial: a profit-oriented approach to doing businessMore example sentences
- If radio continued to be part of a profit-orientated industry, then the programme service would be influenced by commercial considerations and the need to appeal to popular demand.
- This is not just about the site, it's about the whole vicinity, which would be much more difficult to improve if it was sold to a profit-orientated developer.
- It has become increasingly popular for countries to set up profit-oriented agencies responsible for licensing new drugs and carrying out postmarketing surveillance.
More definitions of profit-orientedDefinition of profit-oriented in:
- The US English dictionary